Not so long ago, Microsoft unified Edge's codebase across all platforms, effectively bringing its browser on all operating systems under one umbrella. That change allowed developers to keep a single Edge version on all platforms and deliver new features faster. Still, it took Microsoft some time to release cross-platform features in Edge for all devices. One of such features is the built-in game Surf, which has only now arrived for Edge on iOS.
Edge Surf and the recently introduced winter theme are now available on all devices, including Android and iOS. To get the game on Apple's smartphones and tablets, update the browser to the latest version, 96.1054.34. After that, you can launch Edge Surf using the edge://surf link.
Microsoft Edge 96 for iOS
Besides the time-killing game, Microsoft Edge 96 for iOS brings a couple of other useful features. Here is the full changelog:
- Password Monitor: You can check if passwords you have saved in the browser have been compromised and found in our database of known breached credentials.
- Keep an eye on weather conditions on the new tab page.
- You can now adjust the web page font size in iPhone and iPad mobile sites.
- The Surf game is now available on mobile. Type edge://surf to play the game.
- We have also made some general bug fixes and performance improvements.
You can download Microsoft Edge for iPhones and iPads from the App Store using this link. The browser requires iOS 14 or newer.
Microsoft Edge now should receive feature updates on all operating systems relatively simultaneously. Still, version 96 arrived on Android and iOS with a slight delay. You can learn what is new in Edge 96 for desktops in a post available via this link.
Microsoft plans to release the next major update for Edge in the first week of January 2021.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: