Microsoft today released a new version of its Chromium-based Edge browser. It is a significant update to the Dev channel, as it comes with a number of new options. For example, the Web Widget is now customizable, and the Office viewer feature is now enabled by default.
Here's the list of new features.
What's new in Edge Dev 96.0.1028.0
- Added a shortcut button in Settings to personalize the Web Widget.
- Added a Setting on iOS to restore tabs on startup.
- Added the ability to swipe to close tabs on iOS.
- Features enabled by default:
- The ability to view downloaded Office files directly in the browser.
- The ability to edit payment card information prior to uploading it to Microsoft Pay.
- Management policies from Chromium that we have enabled support for:
- Control if the Audio Process will have High Priority Enabled, which is a temporary measure to work around issues with audio capture when the audio process is running at normal priority.
- Set the Print Rasterize Pdf Dpi, which controls the resolution PDFs are printed at when printing them using rasterization.
- Control the Print PostScript Mode, which controls the speed and quality that certain fonts print at.
Besides the above changes, the latest Dev build of Edge also comes with a huge list of fixes. You can review them in the official announcement. Like any other pre-release build of the browser, today's update also comes with known issues. So don't forget to check out that list as well.
Download Edge Dev
The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev is available for download on the official Edge Insider website. Existing users will receive the update automatically in coming hours. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to force it check for updates and fetch the actual version.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: