Microsoft is releasing a new version of their Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser. The update hits the Dev channel with version 18.104.22.168
The change log for Microsoft Edge Chromium 22.214.171.124 highlights the following updates:
- Fixed an issue where the whole window sometimes goes blank or black when playing a video.
- Fixed an issue where certain webpages hang as soon as they load.
- Fixed an issue where the toggle to sync favorites is disabled even though the master sync toggle is turned on.
- Fixed an issue where a “Microsoft Edge stopped working” dialog sometimes appears even though Edge is still running.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong account picture is sometimes used when a user signs in with multiple accounts.
- Fixed an issue where video control popups are cut off if they’re near the edge of the page.
- Fixed an issue where video control buttons may overlap each other on small videos.
- Fixed an issue where entries on the history page get cut off when the window is at a narrow width.
- Increased the height of the rows in the address bar dropdown.
- Fixed an issue where the first run experience didn’t render properly.
At the moment of this writing, Edge versions are as follows:
The browser installs updates automatically. Also, you can manually check for updates by visiting the menu Help > About Microsoft Edge. Finally, you can grab the Edge installer from the following page:
Here is everything you need to know about the new Microsoft Edge browser:
- Grammar Tools Are Now Available in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Now Follows System Dark Theme
- Here’s how Microsoft Edge Chromium looks on macOS
- Microsoft Edge Chromium now installs PWAs in the root of the Start menu
- Enable Translator in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Dynamically Changes Its User Agent
- Microsoft Edge Chromium Warns When Running as Administrator
- Change Search Engine In Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Hide or Show Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Install Chrome Extensions in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- Chrome Features Removed and Replaced by Microsoft in Edge
- Microsoft Released Chromium-based Edge Preview Versions
- Chromium-Based Edge to Support 4K and HD Video Streams
- Microsoft Edge Insider extension now available in Microsoft Store
- Hands-on with the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge Insider Addons Page Revealed
- Microsoft Translator is Now Integrated with Microsoft Edge Chromium
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!