Windows 10 has a fancy feature called Lock Screen Slideshow which allows you to play a slideshow of images from your pictures library when you lock your PC/Tablet. Let's revisit the past for a moment , and you will see that this feature (formerly known as "Picture frame") had many tweakable parameters. Today, we will see how to configure Lock Screen Slideshow Duration in Windows 10.
First of all, you need to enable the Lock Screen Slideshow feature. It is covered in detail in the following article:
In short, you need to do the following.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization -> Lock screen.
- Under Background on the right, you need select the Slideshow option. This will allow you to have a slideshow as your lock screen background. It will play images from the folders you include. Click "Add a folder" to add a new folder with images which will be cycled on the lock screen: The Advanced slideshow settings link under the folder list allows you to tweak the slideshow behavior. You might want to adjust them:
Now, you can configure the Lock Slideshow duration. Here is how.
How to Change Lock Screen Slideshow Duration in Windows 10
To change the Lock Screen Slideshow duration in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open Registry Editor (see how).
- Navigate to the following key:
Tip: You can access the desired Registry key with one click.
- Here, you should create a new 32-bit DWORD value called "SlideshowDuration". The value data of this parameter is the duration, expressed in milliseconds. Note that when you set the value of SlideshowDuration, you should enter it in Decimal base.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.In the following example, I set the SlideshowDuration parameter to 60000, which means 60 seconds, (60*1000=1 minute).
With this simple tweak you will be able to limit the time for which the slideshow plays.
You can configure this feature using Winaero Tweaker. Go to Boot and Logon\Lock Screen Slide Show Duration as shown below.
You can get the app here: Download Winaero Tweaker.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!