Intel has released an update for its GPU drivers, available for Windows 10 version 1709 and above. The DCH driver version 184.108.40.20635 is notable for improvements made to performance and a number of other graphics enhancements that allow smoothly running many games.
The change log highlights that the Crysis Remastered game is no longer crashing with this new version. Also, Chrome will some significant performance improvements when playing content on YouTube.
The changes include.
- Performance improvements when using Chrome YouTube Media Playback.
- Fixed: Crysis Remastered may crash to desktop while loading to gameplay.
- Fixed: Minor graphic anomalies seen on PGA tour 2K21, Doom Eternal (Vulkan), World of Warcraft: Shadowlands(DX12).
- Fixed: Intermittent crash or hang seen in Red Dead Redemption 2(Vulkan), Civilization6: Gathering Storm(DX12) benchmark, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass(DX12), Forza Horizon 4on Iris Xe Graphics
The release notes also mentions that the driver update is applicable to the following hardware.
- 11th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics(Tiger Lake)
- 10th Generation Intel®Core™processors with Intel Iris Plus graphics (Ice Lake)
- 10th Generation Intel® Core™ processors with Intel UHD Graphics(Comet Lake)
- 9th Generation Intel®Core™processors, related Pentium®/Celeron®processors, and Intel Xeon® processors, with Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 8th Generation Intel®Core™processors, related Pentium/ Celeron processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 and Intel UHD Graphics 610, 620, 630, P630.
- 7th Generation Intel®Core™processors, related Pentium/ Celeron processors, and Intel Xeon processors, with Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, 650 and Intel HD Graphics 610, 615, 620, 630, P630.
- 6th Generation Intel®Core™,Intel Core M, and related Pentium processors, with Intel Iris Graphics 540, Intel Iris Graphics 550, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580, and Intel HD Graphics 510, 515, 520, 530.
- Intel Xeon processor E3-1500M v5 family with Intel HD Graphics P530
- Pentium/ Celeron processors with Intel HD Graphics 500, 505 and Intel UHD Graphics 600, 605
- Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® Hybrid Technology(Lakefield)
The driver includes a video driver, an audio driver, the Media SDK runtime, a Vulkan installer, and a few more developer and maintenance tools.
Interested users can download the latest version of the Intel DCH driver here.