Here are two methods you can use to check OneDrive free space and available storage capacity.
OneDrive is a cloud-based storage from Microsoft that offers 5GB of space for free for every customer. Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) subscribers get 1TB with no additional cost as part of their plan, but those who need even more space can upgrade up to 2TB. Microsoft used to offer unlimited storage to Microsoft 365 subscribers, but the company ditched that option several years ago following some cases of unlimited storage abuse. Still, 2TB is more than enough for a vast majority of users.
If you upload lots of data to your OneDrive account, it is important to keep your eye on its storage quota. Here is how you can check how much free space you have.
Microsoft offers OneDrive on all mainstream platforms, plus a Web app. You can use this cloud storage on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. That means there are several ways to check free space in the OneDrive account. OneDrive app is a part of Windows since 2012. You can check free storage with a few clicks.
How to check OneDrive free space in Windows 10
- Make sure you have signed in with your Microsoft Account in the OneDrive app.
- Find the OneDrive icon in the notification area in the bottom-right corner (next to the clock.)
- Right-click the OneDrive icon and select Settings from the menu.
- OneDrive will open its settings to the Account tab. You can find storage capacity (free and maximum available) in the OneDrive section.
Alternatively, you can find the storage capacity for your OneDrive account using its web interface.
Check OneDrive storage capacity on the website
- Go to onedrive.live.com and sign in with your Microsoft Account.
- Find the storage capacity indicator in the bottom-right corner.
- Click on the link to open the storage summary.
- On the next screen, you can click the What's taking up space to see a detailed overview of your files. Also, there will be an upgrade section where you can add more storage to your account.
Check free storage in the OneDrive mobile apps
On iOS, open the OneDrive app and tap your account photo in the upper-left corner of the screen. This action will open a sidebar with your account overview and the storage capacity indicator.
On Android, the procedure is identical. Open the app but instead of pulling a sidebar, tap the Me button in the bottom-right corner.
That is how you check your free storage in OneDrive on Windows, Web, and mobile apps.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!