A new hidden feature was discovered in Windows 10. It comes with a "Share" page in the Settings app which is not visible out of the box. Let's see how to enable it and learn what it does.
Like most other hidden options in Windows 10, the secret hidden Share page can be enabled with a Registry tweak. You can do it as follows.
Enable the hidden Share page in Settings in Windows 10
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following subkey:
Tip: see how to jump to the desired registry key with one click.
- Here, create a new 32-bit DWORD value named EnableShareSettings and set its value data to 1. Note: you still need to create a 32-bit DWORD value even if you are running a 64-bit Windows version.See the following screenshot:
- Now, close Settings if you had it opened and open the Settings app once again.
- Once you open Settings, go to System. There, you will find a new page called "Share". It looks as follows:
So, you just enabled the secret hidden Share page in the Settings app.
Watch the following video to see the whole process in action (our YouTube channel is HERE)
Besides the mentioned ability, using the Share page the user can
- Sort the share app list by frequency of usage using the option "Show apps I use most often at the top of the app list".
- Enable or disable the option "Show a list of how I share most often".
- Adjust the length of the list from 1 item to 20 items. The default size of the app list is 5 apps.
To save your time, you can enable the hidden Share page in Settings using Winaero Tweaker. See the following screenshot:
That's it. Credits for this discovery go to MDL forum user kw259. Other users in the mentioned thread report that this trick also works in Redstone 1 builds. So, if you are running Windows 10 build 14393, you can try to enable the Share page.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: