How to disable the 'Disable Get Even More Out of Windows screen' in Windows 10
Recent Windows 10 versions occasionally display a nag screen 'Get Even More Out of Windows' when you sign-in to your user account. If you find it annoying, here are two methods you can use to get rid of this screen.
The 'Get Even More Out of Windows' screen is intended to help a new user to configure advanced features of the OS. The screen shows a number of links to quickly set up services powered by Microsoft Account.
The links include
- Protect your files with OneDrive
- Get Office 365 ready
- Set up Windows Hello
- Link your phone and PC
- Do more across devices
Some users find this screen annoying. After receiving user's feedback, Microsoft has implemented a new option in Settings to disable the feature. Starting in Windows 10 build 18945 and above, the screen can be disabled from the Notifications & actions page in Settings. Also, you can apply a Registry tweak.
To Disable Get Even More Out of Windows Screen in Windows 10,
- Open the Settings app.
- Navigate to System > Notifications & actions.
- On the right, turn off (uncheck) the option Suggest ways I can finish setting up my device to get the most out of Windows.
- Now you can close the Settings app.
You are done. The option can be re-enabled at any moment later.
Alternatively, you can apply a Registry tweak to enable or disable this feature. Here's how it can be done.
Disable 'Get Even More Out of Windows Screen' With Registry Tweak
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the Registry key
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value ScoobeSystemSettingEnabled.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Set its value data to 0 to disable the screen.
- A value data of 1 will enable the feature.
- To make the changes done by the Registry tweak take effect, you need to sign out and sign in to your user account.
To save your time and avoid manually editing the Registry, you can download the following Registry files.