How to Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10
When you start typing some text in Notepad, Word or in other text editor, your cursor turns into a blinking line. Due to this, some users have an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large amount of text, during a presentation, or on the screen in an educational setting. The new Text cursor indicator will help you see and find the text cursor wherever you are at any time. You can specify its size.
Starting with Windows 10 build 18945, you can enable the new Text cursor indicator that will help you see and find the text cursor wherever you are at any time. You can select from a range of sizes for the text cursor indicator and make it a color easy for you to see. Or, personalize the color of your text cursor indicator to your personal preference.
If you are interesting in changing the size of the Text Cursor indicator, use can use either Settings or a Registry tweak. Let's review both methods.
To Change Text Cursor Indicator Size in Windows 10,
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Ease of access -> Text Cursor.
- On the right, see the Use text cursor indicator section.
- Adjust the position of the Change text cursor indicator size slider. The value can be in the range of 1 (smallest) to 5 (highest).
You are done. Here are some screenshots.
Alternatively, you can enable or disable with feature with a Registry tweak.
Change Text Cursor Indicator Size with Registry Tweak
- Download the following ZIP archive: Download ZIP archive.
- Extract its contents to any folder. You can place the files directly to the Desktop.
- Unblock the files.
- Double click on one the files from the following set to merge it.
- Set Text Cursor Indicator Size To 5.reg
- Set Text Cursor Indicator Size To 4.reg
- Set Text Cursor Indicator Size To 3.reg
- Set Text Cursor Indicator Size To 2.reg
- Set Text Cursor Indicator Size To 1.reg
You are done!
How it works
The Registry files above modify the Registry branch:
Tip: See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
There, you need to set the
IndicatorType 32-bit DWORD value to
- 1 = Size 1 (small)
- 2 = Size 2
- 3 = Size 3
- 4 = Size 4
- 5 = Size 5 (large)
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
- Enable the new Text cursor indicator in Windows 10
- Change Mouse Pointer Color in Windows 10
- Get beautiful cursors with one click in Windows 10
- Change Cursor Thickness in Windows 10
- Apply Night Light to Mouse Cursor in Windows 10
- Prevent Windows 10 themes from changing mouse cursors
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!