How to Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator in Windows 10
When you start typing some text in Notepad, Word or in other text editor, your cursor turns into a blinking line. Due to this, some users have an issue finding the text cursor in the middle of a large amount of text, during a presentation, or on the screen in an educational setting. The new Text cursor indicator will help you see and find the text cursor wherever you are at any time.
Starting with Windows 10 build 18945, you can enable the new Text cursor indicator that will help you see and find the text cursor wherever you are at any time. You can select from a range of sizes for the text cursor indicator and make it a color easy for you to see. Or, personalize the color of your text cursor indicator to your personal preference.
Windows 10 now allows enabling or disabling the Text Cursor indicator. This can be done with either Settings or a Registry tweak. Today we will review both methods.
To Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator in Windows 10,
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Ease of access -> Text Cursor.
- On the right, see the Use text cursor indicator section.
- Turn on or off (default) the option Turn on text cursor indicator.
You are done. When enabled, it looks as follows.
Alternatively, you can enable or disable with feature with a Registry tweak.
Turn On or Off Text Cursor Indicator with a Registry Tweak
- Download the following ZIP archive: Download ZIP archive.
- Extract its contents to any folder. You can place the files directly to the Desktop.
- Unblock the files.
- Double click on the
Enable Text Cursor Indicator.regto merge it. This will enable the feature.
- To disable the feature, use the provided file Disable Text Cursor Indicator.reg.
You are done!
How it works
The Registry files above modify the Registry branch:
Tip: See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
There, you need to set the
Configuration string value to
- (blank) = disable
- cursorindicator = turn on the text cursor indicator.
- Change Mouse Pointer Color in Windows 10
- Get beautiful cursors with one click in Windows 10
- Change Cursor Thickness in Windows 10
- Apply Night Light to Mouse Cursor in Windows 10
- Prevent Windows 10 themes from changing mouse cursors
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: