As you may already know, Windows Insider Program allows participants to access pre-release Windows versions using the Fast and Slow rings. The special Release Preview ring, is meant for users to test feature-complete releases shortly before they go to the stable branch.
Like all the recent builds, Windows 10 Build 16299.15 doesn't include new features. It comes with fixes only. Here is the list of changes.
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.
The list of known issues is not available.
You can install Windows 10 build 16299 by opening Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. Your PC has to be configured to receive updates from the Release Preview Ring.