Microsoft today released Windows 10 build 15063. This is the third Insider Preview build in the Fast ring this week. It represents the upcoming Windows 10 Creators Update which is expected to reach the stable branch in April 2017. Let's see what has changed.
Like all the recent builds, Windows 10 Build 15063 doesn't include new features. It comes with fixes only. Here is the list of changes.
- We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.
- The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
- You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552
See this forum post for more details.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
You can install Windows 10 build 15063 by opening Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. Your PC have to be configured to receive updates from the Fast Ring.