Microsoft Edge is the default web browser app in Windows 10. It's a Universal (UWP) app which has extension support, a fast rendering engine and a simplified user interface. In recent Windows 10 builds, the browser allows the user to change the Reading View text size. Here is how it can be done.
Microsoft Edge comes with Reader mode, which might be familiar to Firefox and Vivaldi users. When enabled, it strips out unnecessary elements from the opened web page, reflows the text and turns it into a cleaner looking text document without ads, menus and scripts, so the user can focus on reading the text content. Edge also renders the text on the page with a new font and formatting in Reader mode.
With Reading View, Microsoft Edge provides a new, consistent, more powerful experience across all your documents, whether they’re EPUB or PDF books, documents, or web pages. The feature utilizes Fluent Design System elements like motion and Acrylic material to provide a fluid, delightful experience that keeps the focus on the page.
To change the Reading View text size in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10, do the following.
- Open the desired web site in Microsoft Edge.
- Enable the Reading View feature.
- Click on the Learning tools icon.
- Now, click on the Text options icon.
- Under Text size, click on the Decrease font size and Increase font size buttons to change the text size for Reading View.
Alternatively, you can use the following hotkeys while in Reading View:
- Ctrl + - = decrease the text size.
- Ctrl + + = increase it.
Finally, you can change the text size with a Registry tweak. Here is how.
Change the Reading View Text Size with a Registry Tweak
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value FontSize.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Set its value data to a number between 0 (smaller) to 6 (larger) in decimal.
- Re-open the browser if you have it running.
- How To Install and Use Grammar Tools in Microsoft Edge
- Enable Line Focus in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- Print Web Pages Clutter-Free in Microsoft Edge
- Run Microsoft Edge in Private Mode
- Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
- Set Tabs Aside in Microsoft Edge (Tab Groups)
- How to Enable Full Screen Mode in Edge
- Export Favorites to a File in Edge
- How To Disable PDF Reader in Microsoft Edge
- How To Annotate EPUB Books in Microsoft Edge