Windows 10 Creators Update has started to roll out on April 11, 2017 and some OEMs have updated drivers and other software for their hardware products to support it. Chipmaker AMD just released a new version of its Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition suite for GPUs: version 17.4.2 is now recommended for all Windows 10 users with eligible hardware products.
Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2 not only brings Windows 10 Creators Update support, but also fixes some annoying bugs and rough edges in recently released games, including Battlefield 1. It's also improving the support for SteamVR. See the list of new features below:
- Initial support for Windows 10 Creators Update.
- SteamVR Asynchronous Reprojection feature may not function or enable correctly on supported hardware.
- Battlefield 1 may experience poor scaling in Multi GPU mode using DirectX 11 API.
- Radeon ReLive may experience flickering when recording with an extended display connected on Windows 7 system configurations.
- Application profiles in Radeon Settings may fail to retain after system log off or reboot for some gaming applications.
- Windows Security popup may be experienced after install and reboot on some Hybrid Graphics system configurations.
There are some issues with it, however. AMD says that most of them will be fixed with updates in the near future, but for now, you should know about them before updating, especially if you're using the new Game Mode on your Windows 10 Creators Update machine.
- Radeon WattMan may fail to apply settings on some Radeon R9 390 series graphics products.
- Radeon Settings may crash on switching Windows user after toggling AMD CrossFire technology mode.
- A small amount of apps may still experience issues with Borderless Fullscreen mode and AMD FreeSync technology if other applications or game launchers are running on the primary screen in the background.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and World of Warcraft may experience flickering or performance issues the first time the game is launched on a system boot with AMD FreeSync technology enabled. Workarounds include exiting and restarting the application or task switching (Alt+tab) in and out of the game to fix the issue.
- The XBOX DVR application may cause conflicts with Radeon ReLive, users are suggested to disable XBOX DVR if Radeon ReLive is experiencing issues.
- Radeon ReLive may fail to install on AMD APU Family products or experience a system hang or failure to record when using the recording feature on AMD APU Family products.
- Radeon ReLive may intermittently fail to work after performing task switches of applications. A work around is to disable and then enable the feature in Radeon Software.
- Radeon ReLive may exhibit corruption in recordings when capturing Microsoft Office applications.
- Radeon ReLive may experience recording or streaming issues when task switching using ALT+TAB.
You can get the Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.2 software suite and see all notable changes on the official AMD site.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: