Microsoft today released Windows Subsystem for Android July update for Windows 11. Version 2205.40000.14.0 is now available for participants of the Windows Insider program in the US. It brings with it some pretty important improvements.
What's new in WSA 2205.40000.14.0
New networking features
Microsoft has implemented enhanced networking capabilities that allow applications to access LAN devices on ARM-based computers. The WSA apps can now work over LAN . In addition, WSA now supports IPv6 and VPN.
New Settings app for WSA
The updated Windows Subsystem for Android includes a new Settings app. It now shows options related to the new networking experiences. In particular, the IP address has been removed from the "For Developers" section, since now the subsystem uses the same IP address that is assigned to your computer.
- Enabled Advanced Networking functionality, including app access to local network devices for ARM
- VM IP address removed from Settings app. With Advanced Networking, now the IP address of the VM is the same as the host/computer IP.
- Fixes for non-resizable app content on maximize or resizing
- Fixes for scrolling with mouse and trackpad in apps
- Android May Kernel patches
- Android windows marked secure can no longer be screenshotted
- Improve web browser launching
- Enable doze and app standby while charging for improved power saving
- ADB debug prompts redirected to Windows for improved security
- Updated to Chromium WebView 101
- Fixes for graphics including app flickering and graphics corruption
- Fixes for video playback
- AV1 Codec support
- Enabled IPv6 and VPN Connectivity
- Increased the performance and reliability connecting to virtual WIFI in the container
- Video playback apps can now prevent the screen from turning off in Windows
- Some VPNs may not work with Advanced Networking. If you use a VPN and find Android apps do not have network connectivity, please disable Advanced Networking in the Windows Subsystem for Android Settings app
You will find the official announcement here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!