The latest Steam statistics show an increase in the number of users who prefer to play on Windows 11. The report shows that the change in the user base is not associated with new devices. More users are moving to Windows 11 from previous OS releases.
Every month, Steam performs an anonymous hardware and software survey. While it is optional, it gives a clear indication of gamers' preferences.
The report data for February 2022 shows that Windows 10 keeps the first place among Steam users with 75.69% of devices, losing 2.13 against the previous month. Windows 11 shows growth of 2.03 points with 15.59% of devices and holds the second place.
The slow adoption of Windows 11 by users is probably caused by new hardware requirements. The newest OS needs TPM 2.0, which is often isn't available even in recent computers. Also, all newest hardware works pretty fine in Windows 10, so many gamers don't see a reason to upgrade at the moment.
Finally, Windows 7 has got a few more users in Steam. The stats shows 4.08%, which 0.35 points more than before. Again, there is a margin for error as the Steam hardware survey is optional.
No surprise Windows remains the most popular platform in Steam. It is installed on 96.36% of computers, followed by macOS (2.62%) and Linux (1.02%).
Finally, here is the most popular PC hardware among Steam users:
- CPU: Intel 69.06% (+0.04), AMD 30.92% (-0.04), and Microsoft 0.02%.
- CPU Specs: 4 physical cores with 2.3-2.69 GHz clocks.
- GPU Manufacturer: Nvidia 76.14%, AMD 14.82%, Intel 8.83%, and other 0.21%.
- GPU Models: GTX 1060, GTX 1650, and GTX 1050 Ti.
- GPU VRAM: 8 GB.
- Screen resolution: 1920x1080 (single-monitor) and 3840x1080 (multi-monitor).
- VR: Oculus Quest 2 47.09% (+1.07), Valve Index 14.43% (+0.07%), and Oculus Rift S 12.14% (-0.96).
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!