Microsoft just released a new build to Insiders in the Dev channel. Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22483 only includes general improvements and bug fixes. There is no single new feature.
Here are the changes in this release.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 22483
Changes and Improvements
- We’ve added the ability to right-click on either “Recommended” or the “More” button in Start to refresh the items show there.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Search to appear black and not display any content below the search box.
- Searching for “display” will now return Display Settings.
- Trying to access the Linux entry for WSL in File Explorer’s navigation pane should no longer pop up an error saying “wsl.localhost is unavailable, insufficient resources exist” on ARM64 PCs.
- Fixed an issue that was causing cellular data to not work on certain devices in recent Dev Channel builds.
- Addressed an issue with NTFS when the USN journal was enabled, where it was doing extra unnecessary action with each write, impacting I/O performance.
- Made some small improvements to keyboard navigation and screen reader usage of Performance Monitor.
- Webview2 processes should now be properly grouped with the application using it in Task Manager’s Processes tab.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Publisher column in Task Manager to not retrieve publisher names.
Traditionally for pre-release builds, there are a number of known issues. We strongly recommend you to check the list in the official announcement before updating to this build.
Install the most recent Dev Channel build
If you have configured your device to receive updates from the Dev Channel, open Settings (Win + I) - > Windows Update and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Windows Insider Preview for your device. Note that due to strict minimum hardware requirements, there is a chance that your not-that-old device will be thrown out of the Dev channel. There is a workaround that you can use to join it, but receiving future updates will remain pretty tricky.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!