Microsoft today released a new Insider build in the Dev channel. The official announcement doesn't mention any new feature, and comes with a list of fixes. The full build tag is 10.0.25182.1000.rs_prerelease.220812-1437. The most notable fixes where made for Start menu, taskbar, and Windows Update. Also, Microsoft has changed the build expiration date.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 25182
To extend the testing period, Microsoft has changed the OS expiration date to September 15th, 2023. To avoid build expiration notices, the company recommends everyone in the Dev channel to get Build 25182 installed.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to the taskbar overflow flyout unexpectedly appearing on the opposite side of the screen.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the animation on the taskbar that plays when a user switches from using a device in tablet posture to desktop while in overflow to incorrectly show when logging in.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash which could happen when determining if the taskbar overflow should display. This could happen when switching out of a full screen game.
- Fixed an issue causing the left-half of the File Explorer title bar to not be draggable via mouse or touch for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue causing Home, Documents, Pictures, and potentially other folders to become unexpectedly duplicated in File Explorer’s navigation pane or appear on the desktop.
- Selecting multiple folders and then using the context menu option to open them in a new tab will now actually do that, rather than opening the first folder in a new tab and all the others in a new window.
- Updated the logic for Narrator so that if you navigate to a OneDrive folder using the navigation pane in File Explorer, Narrator will now explicitly say it’s a OneDrive folder, and not just something like “YourName – Personal”.
- Fixed a Start menu crash that could prevent apps from launching from Start.
Fixed the issue that was causing devices with low disk space to receive download error 0x80070001 in Windows Update trying to install the latest Dev Channel build.
- Fixed an issue leading to some Insiders experiencing a decrease in FPS when playing certain games in recent flights due to the wrong graphics card being used.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the camera light on a laptop to get stuck on after logging into your PC.
- Fixed an issue believed to be the root cause of some Insiders seeing bugchecks when opening and copying files from network locations.
There are also several known issues you will find in the official announcement linked here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!