Microsoft today released Windows 11 Build 25174 to Insiders in the Dev channel. It doesn't offer much and mostly comes with fixes and improvements. However, there is still a new feature - a new Game Pass widget.
What’s new in Windows 11 Build 25174
Game Pass widget
The new widget exposes your Xbox game library content. It shows recent additions, games that will soon leave Game pass, and other highlights. Clicking it will open the Xbox app where you can review and install games.
Microsoft will soon add more features to the widget. It will able to show personalizated game recommendations. Also, it will allow you to quickly sign in to your Xbox profile and return to the recently played games.
By default, the new widget is missing in the dashboard (Win + W). You'll have to add it manually.
Changes and Improvements
A middle-click on a folder in File Explorer now opens it in a new tab.
Besides the above mentioned updates, this build comes with a good set of fixes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause explorer.exe to crash when opening new File Explorer windows.
- Fixed an issue where launching File Explorer in certain ways when using dark mode (for example, from the command line) was showing the body of File Explorer unexpectedly in light mode.
- Fixed an issue where the left/right arrows in File Explorer were in light mode when you were using dark mode, causing them to not have enough contrast to show when they were enabled.
- Fixed an issue where the dividers in the navigation pane were overlapping / drawing too close to text sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where if you drag and drop a folder into the navigation pane was sometimes unexpectedly putting the folder at the bottom of the list rather than where you’d dropped it.
- Fixed an issue causing UI issues in File Explorer when using F11 to put File Explorer in full screen mode.
- Fixed an issue leading to various system tray elements being unexpectedly missing for some Insiders on the previous build.
- Fixed a crash on some PCs were experiencing when going to System > Storage > Disks & Volumes.
- Fixed an issue which was leading to mouse and keyboard input not working correctly in certain games in the last 2 flights.
- Fixed an issue believed to be leading to SQL Server Management Studio failing to launch for some Insiders.
- Fixed an issue where Memory Integrity in Windows Security might show a warning saying it couldn’t be enabled due to incompatible drivers, but the incompatible drivers list would be blank.
- Fixed an issue which was causing some apps to unexpectedly not launch in the last few flights when core isolation was enabled in Windows Security.
- Some games that use Easy Anti-Cheat may crash or cause your PC to bugcheck.
- [NEW] Audio stopped working for some Insiders after upgrading to the last flight.
- [NEW] Some Insiders experiencing a decrease in FPS when playing certain games in recent flights due to the wrong graphics card being used.
- [NEW] A few different apps having started crashing in recent builds.
- The left-half of the File Explorer title bar may not be draggable via mouse or touch.
- The up arrow is misaligned in File Explorer tabs. This will be fixed in a future update.
- [NEW] An issue causes Home, Documents, Pictures and potentially other folders to become unexpectedly duplicated in File Explorer’s navigation pane or appear on the desktop.
- [NEW] The search box background in File Explorer might be the opposite color of your current mode.
- [NEW] An issue causes the delete key to unexpectedly not work on files in File Explorer. If you encounter this, you should still be able to use the context menu to delete.
- Notification badge number may appear misaligned on the taskbar.
- In some cases, the notification banner for some badging will not appear in the widgets board.
- An issue causes Widgets preferences (temperature units and pinned widgets) to unexpectedly get reset to default.
- [NEW] An issue causes hangs and crashes when trying to print from certain apps (like Excel) in the last flight.
- [NEW] Microsoft is investigating reports in recent Dev Channel flights lines aren’t included when printing tables from certain apps.
Check out the official announcement here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!