Microsoft today released a new update to its VR platform, Hololens. This is the first Redstone 5 preview build of Windows 10 Redstone 5 for HoloLens. If you own compatible hardware, you can install it now.
This build is delivered over the air (OTA) through Windows Update after you've manually installed the HoloLens RS4 Preview using the instructions here.
The changes in this release are minor and include mostly bug fixes.
Microsoft expects that mixed reality will change the way we work in the near future. They expect Firstline Workers and Information Workers to benefit significantly from solutions that blend their physical and digital reality.
Windows 10 April 2018 Update for HoloLens will be released on June 26. Starting June 26, users will be able to download and install it using Windows Update just like on a regular Windows 10 PC. For the end user, the update will bring the following changes and features:
- Auto-placement of 2D and 3D content on launch
- Fluid app manipulation
- 2D app horizontal resize with reflow
- Expanded voice command support
- Updated Holograms and Photos apps
- Improved mixed reality capture
- Improved audio immersion
- File Explorer
- MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) support
- Captive portal network support during setup