Microsoft updates the Dev channel by releasing Windows 10 Build 20201 to Insiders. The release comes with a few fixes to a variety of the operating system features.
What's new in Windows 10 Build 20201
- We’ve fixed an issue where some Microsoft Store games protected by Easy Anti-Cheat failed to launch. Some games may still need to release an update to fully resolve the issue.
- We fixed an issue where the IME mode indicator in the taskbar was indicating that the IME was enabled when it was actually in disabled state.
- We fixed an issue in the last few flights resulting in HDR monitors appearing black when HDR was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where the min/max/close buttons were stuck in their original positions after resizing a UWP app.
- We fixed an issue where SetInputScope wasn’t working if it was called after the app had been initialized.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re investigating reports that the new taskbar experience for pinned sites isn’t working for some sites.
- We’re working on a fix to enable live preview for pinned site tabs.
- We’re working on enabling the new taskbar experience for existing pinned sites. In the meantime, you can unpin the site from the taskbar, remove it from the edge://apps page, and then re-pin the site.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where pinned sites don’t show all open tabs for a domain. In the meantime, you can fix this by pinning the site’s homepage rather than a specific page (e.g. pin microsoft.com rather than microsoft.com/windows).
- We’re working on a fix to resolve syncing issues in the Mail app with certain mail services.
- We’re working on a fix for an issue where Office documents may open blank when opened from File Explorer. If you encounter this issue on this build or Build 20197, the file should render correctly if opened from within the app rather than File Explorer.
- We’re investigating reports of some Office applications crashing or missing after updating to a new build.
- We’re investigating reports of some devices receiving a bugcheck with error code KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION.
- We’re investigating reports of the Settings app crashing when opening Manage Disks and Volumes.
The Fast ring, now known as Dev Channel, reflects the latest changes made to Windows code base. It is a work-in-progress, so the changes you see in Fast Ring releases may not appear in the upcoming feature update. Due to the changes coming to the Dev builds, it is possible that will see some of Windows 10X features on Desktop. Microsoft may want to roll out Windows 10X's features to test them with a larger number of devices. So we can expect to see some features which will never appear in stable Windows 10 versions on Desktop.
If you have configured your device to receive updates from the Dev Channel/Fast Ring ring, open Settings - > Update & recovery and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Insider Preview of Windows 10.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!