Microsoft is now releasing a new 20H1 Build to Insiders in the Fast and Slow Rings. It comes with general improvements and fixes only. It doesn't including new features, as the OS is now feature complete, and Microsoft is polishing the existing functionality.
Windows 10 Build 19041 represents the upcoming version 2004 of Windows 10. Here the changes introduced in this build:
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn’t mean we’re done…
- We fixed an issue resulting in an increased number of Insiders experiencing rollbacks (error code 0xc1900101) when upgrading to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in a crash when trying to log into a secondary account on your device.
- We fixed an issue when using the Japanese IME in certain Office apps that could result in the candidate window not appearing when using reconversion.
- We fixed an issue that could result in win32 apps experiencing an unexpected increase in CPU usage if left idle after having opened the Common File Dialog.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they’re attached.
- We’re looking into reports of the Optimize Drives Control Panel incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
If you have configured your device to receive updates from the Fast or Slow ring, open Settings - > Update & recovery and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Insider Preview of Windows 10.
Other updates for Insiders
Quick Searches go international
Last month we announced the new Quick Searches feature—available in Search Home—that makes it fast and easy to find web answers and results. Today, we’re happy to share that this experience is now expanding from EN-US to:
- Australia: English
- Canada: English and French
- China: Chinese (Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Mexico: Spanish
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
Use Quick Searches to find out about weather, top news, today in history, new movies, and occasionally, a seasonal topic or interesting quiz. Depending on which market you’re in, you’ll see two to four of these options.
To try any or all of these searches, click the search box on your taskbar or press the Windows logo key + S to open Search Home. Want answers and results for other searches? Just type to enter your search and get the info you’re looking for quickly and easily.
Note: This is a server-side change that’s currently rolling out and will appear for users across builds from version 1809 to 20H1 in supported markets.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: