Today, Microsoft rolled out a new build for Windows Insiders on the Slow ring, which is Windows 10 build 16299. Windows 10 build 16299 represents the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, code name "Redstone 3". Recently, it was released to Fast Ring Insiders only. This build comes with a number of improvements and fixes. Let's see what's new.
The change log features the following improvements and updates.
- We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.
The list of known issues is not available.