Today, we came to know that Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 15063, which is rumored to be the RTM release of Creators Update version 1703, to Insiders on the Slow Ring. It should be available via Windows Update. Official ISO images will be available soon as well.
While Microsoft hasn't officially confirmed the information that Build 15063 is the RTM build of Creators Update, there are several factors which give us a hint. Windows 10 Build 15063 is now available for phones on the Fast ring, PCs on Fast and Slow rings, and Xbox One consoles on Alpha, Beta, and Preview Ring. Earlier, the company released the full set of language packs (MUI) for Windows 10 build 15063.
Like all the recent builds, Windows 10 Build 15063 doesn't include new features. It comes with fixes only. Here is the list of changes.
- We fixed a reliability issue from Build 15061 resulting in Microsoft Edge hanging and becoming completely unresponsive.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where the localized files and registry keys associated with any additional language packs on the system would not be installed after enabling .NET Framework 3.5.
- The upgrade path from the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 14393) to this Windows 10 Creators Update build is not yet live and will be live tomorrow morning.
- You will be unable to download new (additional) language packs on this build. Currently installed language packs will not be impacted. These will go live later this week.
- If your PC fails to install this build on reboot with the error 8024a112, reboot manually again. If your PC appears to hang during the reboot, power your PC off and back on and the install will proceed.
- Some Insiders have reported seeing this error “Some updates were cancelled. We’ll keep trying in case new updates become available” in Windows Update. If you encounter it, please try deleting the following registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RequestedAppCategories\8b24b027-1dee-babb-9a95-3517dfb9c552
See this forum post for more details.
- Some apps and games may crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build. Specifically, this issue affects new user accounts that were created on Build 15031. The misconfiguration can continue to persist after upgrading to later builds. The ACL on the registry key incorrectly denies access to the user and you can delete the following registry key to get out of this state:
- There is a bug where if you need to restart your PC due to a pending update like with the latest Surface firmware updates, the restart reminder dialog doesn’t pop up. You should check Settings > Update & security > Windows Update to see if a restart is required.
- [GAMING] Certain hardware configurations may cause the broadcast live review window in the Game bar to flash Green while you are Broadcasting. This does not affect the quality of your broadcast and is only visible to the Broadcaster.
You can install Windows 10 build 15063 by opening Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. Your PC have to be configured to receive updates from the Slow Ring.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!