Microsoft has released Windows 10 build 14383 for Fast Ring Insiders. This build is part of Windows 10 Anniversary Update, version 1607 which is expected to be released on August 2nd, 2016. This build is likely to be RTM Preview, so it comes without a watermark on the desktop and and does not have an expiration date.
Before August 2nd, 2016, Microsoft is trying to catch all bugs in the software. Windows 10 build 14383 comes with a big list of bugfixes and few minor changes. Let's see what has changed.
The list of fixes and improvements in Windows 10 build 14383
- The link to “Get more extensions from the Store” under the Extensions pane in Microsoft Edge now takes you directly to the Store to download available extensions.
- We have changed the keyboard shortcut to invoke Cortana in listening mode to Win + Shift + C based on feedback from Insiders experiencing a large number of unintended activations of Cortana while in listening mode. Speaking “Hey Cortana”, when enabled in Cortana Settings, continues to invoke Cortana in listening mode as it always has.
- Going forward from this build, updates to the Quick Action area of Action Center will be preserved across upgrades.
- We fixed an issue where disconnecting the Surface Book from an external monitor set as primary might result in the Surface Book screen showing in portrait rather than landscape until having detached and reattached the screen.
- We fixed an issue where the Settings app was showing media controls in the taskbar preview window.
- We fixed an issue where dragging the file comparison or manage library dialogs between two monitors with different DPIs would result in the dialog content no longer displaying correctly
- We fixed an issue where the checkmark used to indicate a selected state in app bar toggle buttons wasn’t visible in high contrast, for example in the Photos menu under “…”.
- We fixed an issue where connecting to a PC using Remote Desktop when a maximized window is immediately behind the Remote Desktop dialog would result in the subsequent the Credential UI window being displayed behind the maximized window.
- We fixed an issue where, with certain monitor configurations,would hang after a tooltip is displaying.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain Bluetooth mice, such as the Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse, sometimes accelerating erratically when moving the cursor across the screen.
- We fixed an issue where on certain webpages in Microsoft Edge when Narrator was in Scan mode and going line by line through a list of hyperlinks, Narrator wouldn’t announce the fact that these were hyperlinks.
- We fixed an issue with certain websites potentially causing a memory leak and becoming unresponsive in Microsoft Edge when the LastPass extension had been enabled.
Here is the list of known issues.
The list of known issues in Windows 10 build 14383
- If you are seeing a notification pop-up once a day that started on 7/1 saying that your Windows evaluation copy expires on 7/15/2016, don’t worry – this is a superfluous dialog and your OS won’t expire. The dialog will also go away soon.
- A recent fix went into place for the Hyper-V firmware that will that affect the ability to boot Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs with Secure Boot enabled. A fix for TP5 builds has been developed however, due to release schedules, the Insider Preview build changes will be released before the TP5 fix is released. During that time, if you try to boot a new TP5 VM with Secure Boot enabled, it will fail. The workaround is to disable Secure Boot during this period.
If you're on the Fast ring, you can get Windows 10 build 14383 through Settings -> Update & security -> Windows Update -> Check for updates. Source: Microsoft.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: