Winaero Tweaker 0.9 is out. This release comes with a huge number of fixes and new features. Let's review them.
New Features of Winaero Tweaker 0.9
The ability to remove the Include in library context menu command:
You can add the Run with priority context menu to File Explorer.
You can add the Shut Down context menu to the Desktop to save your time (and avoid unwanted apps auto-starting if you are running Fall Creators Update).
You can add the Power Options context menu to the Desktop:
The ability to add the Settings context menu to the Desktop in Windows 10:
The App Mode context menu: As you may already know, Windows 10 comes with two color schemes for Store apps. The default one is light, but there is also a darker one. You can add a special context menu to switch between them quickly.
You can change the default RDP port to what you want quickly. Use the following option.
With Winaero Tweaker 0.9, you can manage hibernation options in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. You can disable the hibernation feature, shrink the hibernation file to its minimal size or set it to a custom size. Also, you can disable hibernation but keep Fast Startup. The option can be found under Behavior\Hibernation.
File Explorer & Control Panel
You can quickly hide a drive from appearing in File Explorer.
Using Winaero Tweaker, you can unlock the ability to pin more than 3 contacts to the taskbar. The option can be found under Desktop & Taskbar\Pin More Contacts to Taskbar.
For your convenience, you can add the "Personalization" link back to the Control Panel. You'll be able to add both kinds of Personalization links - the Settings app and the classic applet. This option can be found under Settings & Control Panel\Add Personalization.
You can set the desired default action for the classic Shut Down Windows dialog.
Finally, you can enable the Emoji Panel (Emoji Picker) for all languages in Windows 10. Use the option Behavior\Enable Emoji Picker.
Fixes & Improvements
- Fixed: The "Command Prompt as Administrator" and "PowerShell as Administrator" menus were not working in Windows 7.
- Fixed: The "Wallpaper location" context menu wasn't working in Windows 7.
- Fixed: The "Elevated Shortcut" feature wasn't working in Windows 7.
- Fixed: The Control Panel context menu wasn't working in Windows 8/8.1.
- Fixed: The "Disable wide context menus" feature was reporting invalid status. Also, I've added a "Restart Explorer" requirement.
- Fixed: The default file name template "Winaero Tweaker_8/17/2017.ini" in Import/Export was changed to "Winaero Tweaker_8.17.2017.ini" for all languages and supported operating systems.
- Fixed: A "null reference" error message could appear after you remove "OneDrive" from the navigation pane.
- Updated: The System Font tweak now comes with a new design.
The following tweaks do not work in Windows 10 version 1703 and above:
- Updated: The "Enable new share pane" tweak is now removed for Windows 10 version 1703 and above.
- Updated: The "Enable the new OneDrive flyout" tweak is now removed for Windows 10 version 1703 and above.
- Updated: The "Enable new share page" tweak is now removed for Windows 10 version 1703 and above.
- Updated: The tweak "Disable Auto Reboot after Updates" is now removed for Windows 10 version 1709.
Update: I've fixed a typo in the "Enable Emoji Picker" tweak. You can re-download the app.
Feel free to post your impressions, bug reports and suggestions in the comments! Your feedback is what makes this tool great so keep it coming!
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: