I am happy to announce a new version of my freeware app, Winaero Tweaker. Version 0.15 comes with a number of important fixes for users of Windows 10 version 1903, along with new features added for all supported Windows versions.
I've released version 0.15.1 here. It should fix the Startup Sound issue and the Compact OS removal procedure (see the comments). Thank you guys for your assistance!
Fixes for Windows 10 version 1903
- The ability to change the startup sound is fixed now.
- The ability to disable Windows Defender in 1903+ is also fixed now.
Improvements and fixes for other Windows versions
- When you disable/remove the Quick Access icon from the navigation pane of File Explorer, it should not break the drag-and-drop action for the left pane.
- The "Keep Thumbnail Cache" feature now works for 32-bit apps running on a 64-bit Windows version.
- The 'Elevated Shortcut' feature should not suffer from being opened on high-DPI screens and render its contents correctly.
- Added a new Compact OS context menu.
- Added the Unblock context menu that allows quickly unblocking files downloaded from the Internet, individually or all files in a folder.
- The ability to disable the blur effect on the Sign-in screen of Windows 10 version 1903 and above.
- The ability to get rid of the "File ownership" EFS context menu.
Traditionally, I would like to say BIG THANKS to each and every Winaero Tweaker user. Your support, reports and suggestions are always helpful.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: