Here's what's new in Windows 10 version 22H2, the feature update to Windows 10 version 21H2, 20H2 and version 2004.
Microsoft has finished development of Windows 10 version 22H2. It is ready for broad deployment, with official ISO images available for download.
Windows 10 22H2 is yet another minor update. It shares the system files with 2004/20H2/21H2 releases. Due to its nature, it will be quickly get installed over the existing 2004/20H2/21H2 instance, like a monthly cumulative update. Keep in mind that installing 22H2 over versions older than 2004 will trigger the full build ugprade process.
On the consumer side, you will find no changes. Here's what's new.
What's new in Windows 10 version 22H2
- New! Gives you the option to receive important notifications when focus assist is on. Focus assist is like a do not disturb mode that hides notifications.
- Addresses an issue that causes certain docking stations to lose internet connectivity when waking from Sleep mode.
- Adds functionality that improves the OS upgrade experience.
- Addresses an issue that might cause consecutive video clip playback to fail in games that use DX12.
- Addresses an issue that affects certain games that use the XAudio API to play sound effects.
- Addresses an issue that affects the height of the Search box when you use multiple monitors that have different resolutions.
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain troubleshooting tools from opening.
The OS also contains plenty of minor fixes. However, they are also available for all earlier releases and are already available in Windows 10 with cumulative updates. Microsoft describes the release as follows.
The Windows 10 2022 Update (Windows 10, version 22H2) delivers a scoped set of improvements in the areas of productivity and management.
The upgrade package for Windows 10, version 22H2 is already available on on Windows Update. You can now open Settings (Win + I) > Update & recovery Windows Update and click on Check for updates. Traditionally, it is an enablement package that turns the above mentioned versions into Build 19045.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
5 thoughts on “What’s new in Windows 10 version 22H2”
Thanks for your “clarity” Sergey.
you are welcome ;-)
I added a parent folder to the navigation pane using navigation pane – custom items option.
However I do not want the parent folder to have the expand option (the blue arrow prefixed to the right of the folder name) . Is there an option to just show the parent folder as a plain folder and disable the option to expand?
do you have “show all folders” enabled?