The world's most feature rich Chromium based web browser, Vivaldi, today reached version 2.9, bringing performance and menu improvements, global notification settings, and more.
Vivaldi was started with the promise of giving you a highly customizable, full-featured, innovative browser. It looks like its developers kept their promise - there is no other browser on the market which offers the same amount of options and features. While Vivaldi is built on Chrome's engine, power users are the target user base, like the classic Opera 12 browser. Vivaldi was created by former Opera co-founder and developed keeping in mind Opera's usability and power.
These day, Vivaldi is the most feature rich, innovative web browser among Chromium-based projects.
The redesigned main menu of the browser allows accessing more options directly, without visiting Settings.
Here are the new elements that have been added to the Vivaldi Menu:
- Web Panels: You can now access your custom Web Panels through the top menu. This means easy access to the sites you’ve added to Vivaldi’s sidebar, letting you stay abreast of your social media channels, news feeds and more.
- Show Tab Bar: Access your tab bar with just a simple click, or even hide it for more real estate.
- Bookmarks: When you view a Bookmark listed in the Vivaldi Menu, you can now right-click it to access a context menu and perform different actions with it.
- Report a bug: Report a bug directly from the Help menu.
Global Notification Options
Version 2.9 of Vivaldi allows setting global default preferences for requests based on sound, geolocation, camera, microphone, motion sensors, Bluetooth devices, and Pop-ups.
To change them, navigate to Settings > Web Pages > Default Permissions.
- Video improvements for macOS: This version brings in significant progress in fixing some HTML5 video issues, where videos would not play in the older machines.
- Better performance: Our ongoing work on improving overall performance includes updating some components. Opening and closing of tabs feels much snappier resulting in an improved speed.
- Improved usability for users in CJK (China, Japan, and Korea) countries: We’ve got a lot of love from Japan and, in fact, it has been our top country in browser usage from the start. We continue to resolve any issues that are stumbling blocks for our users. This version fixes some difficult IME (Input Method Editor) issues in the Address Bar. You can now browse without difficulty using the dropdown menu or even typing a Korean letter twice in the Address Field.
Get it here:
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
One thought on “Vivaldi 2.9 Released, Here are the changes”
Super! Thanks Sergey! Installing while we speak!