The weekly build of the revolutionary Vivaldi browser was issued a bit late this week. Instead of Monday, developers released it only yesterday due to serious bugs which they fixed before rolling out the build to the public. Vivaldi 188.8.131.52 features several improvements and interesting interface changes. Let's see what is new.
Vivaldi 184.108.40.206 comes with the ability to change the color scheme of the browser. Currently, only light and dark themes are available, and you can still disable the active tab's coloring.
Many users like to control the browser by using the keyboard. Keyboard shortcuts are time-saving and more convenient than mouse movements. Vivaldi 220.127.116.11 comes with an extended shortcuts lists. It's settings related to keyboard shortcuts also got updated. Now shortcuts are grouped by category:
Besides these, Vivaldi got a "Keyboard Cheat Sheet", a special window where you can quickly see which keyboard shortcuts are assigned for which action. You can open it using the Ctrl + F1 keyboard shortcut:
Tab switching using the mouse scroll wheel and other mouse-related features
This new build finally comes with the ability to switch between opened tabs by scrolling the mouse wheel. It was requested by many users and now it is available in the Windows, Linux and Mac OS X builds.
To check out this feature, hover over any tab with the mouse pointer and scroll the mouse wheel.
Additionally, if you press and hold the right mouse button while scrolling the wheel, you will be able to switch between tabs in both directions.
Linux users can use the advanced mouse buttons to navigate through the browser's history.
Unfortunately, besides these new changes, Vivaldi 18.104.22.168 also has some known bugs:
- The default keyboard shortcut for the "Cheat sheet" might not work on some keyboard layouts — you can change it in preferences.
- No menu item for "Cheat Sheet" on Linux and Mac OS X
- The Extensions manager is blank. Installed extensions will continue to work
- Copy and paste in the bookmarks manager may not work
- Thumbnail tabs on the left have some issues
- Manually checking for autoupdate can fail. Restart the browser and wait and autoupdate should work.
That's it. You can download Vivaldi 22.214.171.124 using the following links:
- Windows: 32-bit | 64-bit (experimental)
- Mac: Intel
- Linux DEB: 64-bit | 32-bit
- Linux RPM: 64-bit | 32-bit
The complete change log looks as follows:
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: