Microsoft has improved the Skype's group call feature by lifting up the participant limit from 50 to 100 users. Currently in preview, the feature is already available for testing.
You need to be running Skype 184.108.40.206 to give it a try. The change log mentions the following.
What's new in Skype 220.127.116.11
- Up to 100 participants in the call! We have increased the limit for group calls from 50 to 100 participants!
- The language settings automatically changed to English.
- Favorite contacts disappeared from contact list on Windows.
- Signing out was freezing the app on Android.
- Uploading/downloading files on Android was not fully working.
If you're a Skype Insider, this new update should become available on your device in a few days. Stable branch users have to wait a little bit more.
The new Skype app has a very streamlined user interface. It follows the modern trend of flat minimalist design with glyph icons and no borders anywhere. This design is being used in all other Microsoft products. As you may remember, some time ago Microsoft had switched to Electron for Skype.
The stable app version can be downloaded from here:
And here is its Insider Preview releases:
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!