Microsoft has released a new Skype version to Insiders with plenty of interesting changes. Skype 220.127.116.11 comes with an option to change your background during the call, create moderated groups, choose your own message reactions, and more.
The change log comes with the following highlights:
- Boring background? Or did you forget to clean up your room? No worries, just change the camera background!
- Change your message reactions! With this feature you can use any existing emoticon as a message reaction. Just use /addreactions and have some fun. You can always remove it with /removereactions or /resetreactions commands.
- Somebody kicked you out from the group? Teachers this one is for you because we love your feedback! From now on you can create new Moderated Groups! Nobody can mute you or kick you out anymore.
- New grid view! So you can see up to 10 participants during the video call.
- Control my screen – a simple remote control feature while screensharing
- Enable global shortcuts - so you can perform Skype actions even when the app is minimized or not in focus. You will find it in Settings – General under Accessibility
- Support for system dark theme under iOS 13
To set a custom background for a call session.
- Click your profile picture.
- Click Settings ,then click Audio & Video.
- Under Choose background effect, you can choose an image you previously added, or Add a new image to customize your background effect.
Also, you can set a custom image as your Skype background during a call, as follows.
- During a call, hover over the video button or click the More menu.
- Click Choose background effect.
- Choose an image you previously added, or Add a new image to customize your background effect.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!