Microsoft has released a new Skype version to Insiders. The app version 18.104.22.168 comes with new interesting features, such as Recent Chats, bulk contact deletion, and more.
A new release of the Skype app includes the following new features:
- Sharing: Added the ability to share files directly from File Explorer to Skype. The feature is part of the context menu of each file.
- Improved call controls: You can end an ongoing call directly from your Recent Chat list. Moreover, you will see the call duration here.
- Deletion function: You can delete multiple contacts right from the contact list. Just use the Shift or Ctrl/Cmd buttons to select them.
- Improved subscriptions searching for iOS - now you can search for any available subscriptions.
- Fixed: Skype is starting in foreground when it set to start in the background
Finally, with this new version Skype has received a portion of performance and stability improvements.
The new features are rolling out gradually over the next couple of days.
The released app is still an Electron app. It looks like Microsoft has permanently switched from UWP to Electron, and not looking back. The Electron platform allows Microsoft to easily adapt Skype for more platforms, such as Chrome OS
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!