Microsoft has updated the Skype app to version 8.63. It is now for Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, iPhone, and iPad, and includes a number of fixes and general improvements. It is a minor release of the popular VoIP apps.
As you may remember, some time ago Microsoft had switched to Electron for Skype. Skype 8.63 is also based on Electron, thought the transition from UWP to Electron was not smooth.
The new version comes the following changes.
What's new in Skype 8.63
- Skype for Windows 10 automatically startup only after the first login
- Improved startup performance for Skype for Windows 10
- Email Notification about calls and chats you missed in the last 72 hours
- Improvements in language selection for Translated Conversations
- Unable to see all the participants video feed in a group video call
Posts to check
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: