Microsoft today released Skype for Linux Alpha version 1.16. It is a new application which has nothing common with the previously available Skype 4.3. The change log for version 1.16 is relatively small. Let's see what has changed.
- Updated to Electron 1.4.14
- Use keyboard Alt-key based menu shortcuts (where possible)
To try out the Skype app right now, do the following.
- Point your browser here: Skype for Linux Alpha
- Download and install the appropriate package.
- Open the apps menu and run it from there.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: