Patch Tuesday's updates are now available for both Windows 11 and Windows 10. These patches aren't aimed to bring with them drastic changes to the OS and its features. But still you will notice some new behavior. For example, Windows 22H2 will now automatically open the search pane when you hover over the taskbar.
Version 22H2, KB5030219, OS Build 22621.2283
- This update removes a blank menu item from the Sticky Keys menu. This issue occurs after you install KB5029351.
- This update addresses security issues for your Windows operating system.
- New! This update adds a new hover behavior to the search box gleam. When you hover over it, the search flyout box might appear. You can adjust this behavior by right-clicking the taskbar. Then choose Taskbar settings to change your search box experience.
- This update supports daylight saving time (DST) changes in Israel.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the search icon. When you select it, the Search app does not open. This occurs after a machine has been asleep.
- This update improves the reliability of the Search app.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the TAB key. Using it to browse search results requires additional actions.
- This update addresses an issue that affects Narrator. It does not correctly identify the search box on the taskbar and search highlights within the search box.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the search box size. Its size is reduced in tablet posture mode on Microsoft Surface Pro and Surface Book devices.
Version 21H2, KB5030217, OS Build 22000.2416
- This update addresses an issue that affects authentication. Using a smart card to join or rejoin a computer to an Active Directory domain might fail. This occurs after you install Windows updates dated October 2022 or later.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Group Policy Service. It will not wait for 30 seconds, which is the default wait time, for the network to be available. Because of this, policies are not correctly processed.
- This update improves how Windows detects your location. This helps to give you better weather, news, and traffic information.
- This update adds a new API for D3D12 Independent Devices. You can use it to create multiple D3D12 devices on the same adapter. To learn more, see D3D12 Independent Devices.
- This update addresses an issue that affects a WS_EX_LAYERED window. The window might render with the wrong dimensions or at the wrong position. This occurs when you scale the display screen.
- This update addresses an issue that affects print jobs that are sent to a virtual print queue. They fail without an error.
- This update addresses an issue that causes high CPU use. This occurs when you enable the “fBlockNonDomain policy.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects disk partitions. The system might stop working. This occurs after you delete a disk partition and add the space from the deleted partition to an existing BitLocker partition.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Resultant Set of Policy (RSOP). The Windows LAPS "BackupDirectory" policy setting was not being reported. This occurs when the setting is set to 1, which is “Back up to AAD.”
- The update addresses an issue that affects those who use Windows Update for Business. After you are asked to change your password at sign in, the change operation fails. Then you cannot sign in. The error code is 0xc000006d.
Windows 10 Updates
- 2022 Update (version 22H2): KB5030211 (OS Build 19045.3448). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- November 2021 Update (version 21H2): KB5030211 (OS Build 19044.3448). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2018 Update (version 1809): KB5030214 (OS Build 17763.4851). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Anniversary Update (version 1607): KB5030213 (OS Build 14393.6252). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- Windows 10 (version 1507) : KB5030220 (OS Build 10240.20162). Microsoft Update Catalog.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!