Microsoft provides many different apps for Android and iOS, among which is the Remote Desktop program. It lets you connect remotely to Windows computers at your home or workplace. The latest updates for Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS and Mac bring tons of fixes and different improvements.
On iOS, Microsoft updated the app to version 10.3.2. The main highlight of the update is a refreshed UI for Connection Center. Here is what is new.
What's new in Remote Desktop Mobile for iOS version 10.3.2
- Additional two-column thumbnail view for larger iPhones.
- Revamped PC thumbnail styling.
- Cleaned up PC bookmark list view (only available on iPhones).
- Press-and-hold semantics for PC bookmarks and workspace headers.
- New context menus for interaction with PC bookmarks and workspaces.
- Ability to duplicate PC bookmarks.
- Full preview of the PC bookmark thumbnail after a press-and-hold.
- New pull-down menu for interaction with the Connection Center.
- Pull-to-refresh behavior for subscribed workspaces.
- Animated sorting of PC bookmarks by name or last connected time.
- Auto-expanded search field on iPads.
- In addition, we added support for Vietnamese keyboards and addressed some bugs that were showing up in our crash telemetry.
What's new in Remote Desktop for macOS version 10.6.8
As for Remote Desktop for macOS, update 10.6.8 brings even more changes and improvements.
- Added background refresh for subscribed workspaces.
- Fixed an issue where the session window may jump to another monitor when auto-reconnect kicks in.
- Fixed an issue where the session window would sometimes be enlarged after connecting.
- Addressed an issue where the name of a redirected folder would be incorrect in the remote session.
- Fixed a bug that made it difficult to resize remote app windows.
- Improved the error messages that are displayed when user accounts fail to update.
- Fixed an issue where window titles in the list of connected remote apps were blank.
- Addressed a multimon issue where the mouse cursor shape would not update correctly when dragging between monitors.
- Added a checkbox to General Preferences to enable/disable Microsoft Teams optimizations.
- Added UI to report if a remote app could not be launched on the server due to not being on the system allow list.
- Fixed an issue where the session window could not be made wider when placed at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Addressed scenarios where the mouse cursor would disappear while connected to a remote PC.
- Deletion of an Azure Virtual Desktop workspace now correctly removes all associated workspaces.
- Fixed an issue where adding a folder to redirect to a bookmark would enable the "Add" button with an empty PC name.
- Addressed an issue where double-clicking the title bar incorrectly stretched the session window.
- Updated the mouse to change to a hand glyph when hovering over a red input error indicator.
- Fixed an issue where the session window would flash rapidly in the "Mission Control" or "Application windows" view.
Download Remote Desktop
You can download Microsoft Remote Desktop for iOS using this link and for macOS using this link. On iOS, Microsoft Remote Desktop requires a device with iOS/iPadOS 13 and newer, which means the app works on iPhone SE/6S and iPad Air 2/mini 4 and newer. To use Microsoft Remote Desktop on Mac, you need a device compatible with macOS Mojave 10.14 and newer.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!