Microsoft will soon end support for Windows 10 version 1903, also known as 'May 2019 Update' and '19H1'. The OS will stop receiving security updates starting on December 8, 2020.
Windows 10 version 1903 introduced the new light theme, the ability to unpin a group of tiles from the Start menu, the acrylic blur effect for the Start menu, and tons of improvements and fixes, detailed here:
As of December 8, 2020 all SKUs of Windows 10 version 1903 will no longer receive updates. This includes:
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 Pro Education
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
Microsoft recommends to upgrade version 1903 devices to the current Windows 10 version (which is Windows 10 version 2004) as soon as possible.
Running an older version of Windows 10 may allow hackers to potentially execute harmful code on your devices via newly discovered yet unpatched security holes. So if you're concerned about your security, don't forget to upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10.
If you need to find out which version of Windows 10 you have installed, see the following article:
How to find the Windows 10 version you are running
Some useful articles:
- Download Windows 10 Version 2004 Right Now
- Delay Windows 10 Version 2004 And Block It From Installing
- How to Install Windows 10 Version 2004 With Local Account
- Sign-in Automatically to User Account in Windows 10 Version 2004
- Windows 10 Version 2004 System Requirements
- Features Removed in Windows 10 Version 2004
- Disable Web Search in Taskbar in Windows 10 Version 2004
- Defer Feature Updates and Quality Updates in Windows 10 Version 2004
Thanks to Ghacks.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
One thought on “Reminder: Windows 10 version 1903 will reach end of support on December 8, 2020”
Windows 10 version 1903 ends support before versions 1803 and 1809. Interesting.