Microsoft has released a new PowerToys 0.59.1. It is a minor maintenance release than doesn't bring anything new to functionality of the tools. Instead it improves stability and reliability of the app suite.
What's new in PowerToys 0.59.1
- FancyZones not working with windows showing in all desktops is fixed.
- Messages showing there was an error updating should no longer appear when PowerToys is up-to-date.
- On some systems OOBE Windows renders a bit too big, so we made the window resizable.
- Added a setting to disable the search delay in PowerToys Run, as some users preferred the old behavior.
- A FancyZones bug where windows were not snapping after switching layouts is fixed.
- PowerToys Run is not getting the default web browser under some conditions. Potential fixes and added logs are included.
- Upgraded the Windows App SDK runtime to 1.1.1, containing the newest fixes.
And that is all about the changes in this release. If you want to learn what's in the 0.59 branch, check out the this post for the change log of the major release.
You can download PowerToys from the Store, GitHub, or install them using winget. Also, existing users will receive an update offer via the update check mechanism built-in the app suite.
For those who new to PowerToys, it is a set of classic apps initially available for now-legacy Windows releases. Microsoft stopped releasing them for Windows Vista and above, but changed its mind with Windows 10.
The reloaded version of PowerToys is a modern software that adds advanced features like group file renaming, image resizer, extra window management options, a Run dialog with plugins, and much more.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
2 thoughts on “PowerToys 0.59.1 fixes bugs in Run, FancyZones, OOBE, and improves stability”
You forget to mention which OSes are supported by “PowerToys”.
“PowerToys” DO NOT SUPPORT Windows7.
Winaero Tweaker does :-)