Microsoft is rolling out a major update to the inbox Photos app on Windows 11. It has received several improvements, including a new Slideshow experience. Also, Microsoft has restored much requested features, Time Scrollbar and Spot Fix. All the changes are already available in Photos 2023.11050.2013.0 in the Dev and Canary channels for Insiders.
The Windows 11 Photos app is an image and video viewing and editing app that allows users to view, organize, and edit their media files. It offers many features, including the ability to crop, trim, and resize photos and videos, add filters and effects, and create collages and movies.
The app also includes an AI-powered Memories feature that automatically creates collections of photos and videos based on their content and metadata. In addition, the Photos app offers integration with OneDrive, allowing users to access their media from anywhere and share it with others.
What's new in Windows 11 Photos app, version 2023.11050.2013.0
After receiving feedback from the community since launching the new Photos app in Windows 11 last fall, Microsoft has added a top-requested feature - the ability to view photos in a slideshow format. The slideshow feature includes transitions, animations, and a selection of 25 original music soundtracks to choose from, allowing users to relive their memories in a more engaging way. Users can start the slideshow by clicking on any photo or select multiple photos to watch together.
Microsoft has reintroduced the timeline scrollbar to the All Photos, OneDrive, and iCloud Photos gallery views. This feature groups photos by year and month, making it easier for users to navigate through their photos and find what they're looking for. The timeline scrollbar allows users to quickly jump to any point in time and access the desired photos with ease.
Microsoft's recent update to the Windows 11 Photos app has reintroduced the Spot Fix feature that was available in the previous version for Windows 10. This tool enables users to quickly remove various defects or inclusions from their photos, enhancing their overall quality. The Spot Fix feature was removed after the app's major overhaul in 2021, but its return in the latest update offers users a powerful tool for improving their photos.
- Fixed an issue that caused video files to be muted by default. The app now plays the default sound and saves custom settings for all videos.
- Hidden photos from iCloud Photos will no longer appear in the gallery.
- Copying and pasting an image from the Photos app in Outlook and Teams now pastes the image text instead of creating an attachment by default.
- When importing photos from external devices, you can now select the desired photos using drag and drop, as well as use the switch to quickly confirm actions.
- Multiple selection of photos: now when you hold down the SHIFT key while selecting photos in the gallery, you can select several consecutive photos in a row; holding down the CTRL key can select multiple non-consecutive photos.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!