Microsoft is working on another update for its built-in Windows 10 Photos app for members of the Windows Insider program. The new update not only introduces new features, but also improves the UI by adding new animations and transition effects to the app. These features are currently being tested by Microsoft and will be rolled out to the public later.
The key changes are as follows:
- New image viewer: The new image viewer will allow users to take a peek at the photos at the bottom. The new viewer will show photos as thumbnails so the user can preview them before opening them on the screen.
- New animations: This is perhaps not a major feature but still good to see Microsoft working to enhance the overall User Experience of the app.
- 3D Animation on Photos: This feature was long overdue and finally Microsoft is working to add two new options namely “Add 3D effects” and “Add animated text”. These options will allow users to add animated texts and effects to the pictures.
- New Research feature: With the upcoming update, Microsoft is going to add “Contribute to improving research for all” option in the settings which will allow them to collect data to improve various search options for users. For those concerned about privacy, this option can be turned off as well.
- Remix 3D: Last year Microsoft announced a new community-based service called as Remix 3D and it looks like the company is finally going to add it to the Photos app.
Other interesting changes include:
- Improvements for the “Saved” page.
- Improvements made to the search option for photos and videos. (Enabled by default)
- Legal notes updated for the new year 2018. (Enabled by default)
- Improvements to the video editing page. (Enabled by default)
- Ability to save Creations on OneDrive. (Hidden)
The changes are expected to be released with the next Insider Preview build of Windows 10.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: