An update to the developer channel of the Opera browser has brought notable changes for the upcoming version. Opera developer 40.0.2301.0 comes with an improved RSS reader and also has a redesigned Power Saver feature.
Opera developer version 40.0.2301.0 contains improvements to the power saver feature, and its user interface. Developers consider this new version intuitive and easier to use for both regular users and power users.
The refined battery saver feature will allow the user to customize its behavior in Preferences.
The RSS reader also got updates and improvements. They are as follows:
The character limit has been lifted, and now you can use very long URLs.
- The button “Remove from My Sources” is available for RSSes.
- The RSS title is shown instead of URL.
- The RSS feed is aligned correctly to the timeline.
Besides the mentioned changes, the Chromium engine has been updated to 53.0.2785.8.
The list of known issues is as follows:
- In the RSS reader, “My sources” are not added from the setup dialog. We’re working on that.
- An issue with Windows x64 release.
Via Opera Blog.
Opera Developer 40.0.2301 download links
- Opera developer for Windows
- Opera developer for Windows x64 – experimental
- Opera developer for Mac
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – deb file
- Opera developer for 32-bit Linux – RPM file
- Opera developer for 64-bit Linux – RPM file
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!