As you may be aware, Microsoft is using an Insider program for testing almost all of their products and services. Office apps aren't an exception — the Office Insider Program is open to both PC and Mac users and is also available on mobile devices. Yesterday, the company released another preview version of Office 2016 for Mac, available to Insiders on the Fast Ring.
This new release, version 15.38 (170822), features UI improvements to Outlook. See the following screenshot:
Here is the official change log:
- Improved keyboard navigation support making it easier to navigate the header without a mouse
- Tab to move in-between the From and Recipient Fields
- Left And Right Arrow keys to move between recipients
- Shift-F10 To open the context menu on a selected recipient
- Space bar to select between Show and Hide Details, when the selection is on the Show or Hide Details Button
- Improvements to VoiceOver and tweaks to contrast ratios to improve readability
- Improvements to readability by presenting a view of recipients that is easier to read at a glance
- The addition of a Show Details button to reveal additional information on who’s on To: and who’s on Cc: should you so desire
- New or improved features:
- Mail Headers: Improved look and functionality for mail and meeting invitation headers (in Reading Pane and separate window)
- Week Numbers: In Calendar view, week numbers are now displayed in Month view (Grid view) and in the mini-calendar in the Sidebar
- When composing a message, duplicate Attach File buttons are no longer displayed in the Ribbon
- When using spacebar key to press view selection buttons in the Sidebar, keyboard focus now remains on the button pressed
- Known issues:
- macOS High Sierra: If you have the Cisco WebEx plugin installed, Outlook might crash
- When composing a message, dragging and dropping contacts between To, Cc, and Bcc fields requires selecting, clicking, and holding before dragging
- PowerPoint does not save modifications to files on network share on some versions of MacOS High Sierra beta
This update should get installed automatically if you're an Office Insider Program member in the Fast Ring. If not, you can always join the program here.
Sources: Microsoft via MSPowerUser
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!