As you may be aware, Microsoft is using an Insider program for testing almost all of their products and services. Office apps aren't an exception — the Office Insider Program is open to both PC and Mac users and is also available on mobile devices. Yesterday, the company released another preview version of Office 2016 for Mac, available to Insiders on the Fast Ring.
Version 15.38 (170815) brings app stability improvements and some fixes for issues found in previous builds but only for some of the Office suite apps: the official change logs mentioning Outlook and OneNote, while PowerPoint, Excel and Word pages don't mention anything new in the latest update at all.
Here's what's new in Outlook:
New or improved features:
- Improved app stability
- Enabled Join/Leave Groups from Groups Contact Card
- Improved keyboard and VoiceOver navigation on Calendar module
- Room finder list now displays rooms in alphabetical order
- Supported ICS file in UTF-8 BOM (Byte Order Mark)
- Fixed a mailbox sync issue when you add a Shared Mailbox that has a higher Exchange versions than the primary mailbox
- Fixed Exchange account authentication issue due to timezone, particularly On-Premise Exchange Mailboxes. Now exchange account can be added with the valid credential
- Fixed a issue where dismissed reminders keep coming back (on other Outlook endpoints)
And for OneNote:
- Fixed an issue with keyboard input on the OneNote page.
- Fixed bug where pasting images onto the OneNote page pastes raw data instead.
- Fixed bug where right-clicking the page list or pasting via the context menu would hang the application.
- Fixed bug where colors of lines were inverted on pages created with ruled lines.
This update should get installed automatically if you're an Office Insider Program member in the Fast Ring. If not, you can always join the program here. To read more notes about this release, head over to the Microsoft Answers post about it.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!