In addition to the classic Remote Desktop app (mstsc.exe), Windows 10 includes a modern app, simply called 'Microsoft Remote App'. It is a UWP app that receives updates from the Microsoft Store. A few days ago the app received a major feature overhaul, bringing a few useful features to the end user.
Microsoft describes the app as follows:
Use the Microsoft Remote Desktop app to connect to a remote PC or virtual apps and desktops made available by your admin. The app helps you be productive no matter where you are. Getting Started Configure your PC for remote access first. Download the Remote Desktop assistant to your PC and let it do the work for you: https://aka.ms/RDSetup Learn more about the different remote desktop apps at: https://aka.ms/rdapps
Microsoft has updated the Store app to version
10.1.1107. The change log comes with the following highlights:
- You can now copy files between local and remote PCs.
- You can now use your email address to access remote resources (if enabled by your admin).
- You can now change user account assignments for remote resource feeds.
- The app now shows the proper icon for .rdp files assigned to this app in File Explorer instead of a blank default icon.
Interested users can grab the app from the Store:
Get the Microsoft Remote Desktop app
For existing users, the update should be delivered automatically via the Microsoft Store.
If you prefer the classic Remote Desktop app, then you may the following articles useful:
- How To Enable Remote Desktop (RDP) in Windows 10
- Connect To Windows 10 Using Remote Desktop (RDP)
- Change Remote Desktop (RDP) Port in Windows 10
- Remote Desktop (RDP) Keyboard Shortcuts in Windows 10
- Add Users to Remote Desktop in Windows 10
- Remote Desktop (mstsc.exe) Command Line Arguments
- Create Remote Desktop Shortcut for PC in Windows 10
- Save Remote Desktop Connection Settings to RDP File in Windows
- Backup Remote Desktop App Settings in Windows 10
- Allow or Deny Users to Logon with Remote Desktop in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
4 thoughts on “Microsoft Updates Remote Desktop Store App With New Features”
Interesting, thanks Sergey! :)
You are most welcome!
Rather pity that RDP still not works with Windows 10 Home. That decision does not fit in the modern world.
It should be noted, that this solution will not work with Windows 10 Home Edition as a destination PC.