As you may remember, there was an issue with the Intel RST Driver in Windows 10 blocking the upgrade to version 1903 for a huge number of devices. The issue appears to be solved with the latest cumulative update.
Windows 10 1903 build 18362.329 (KB4512941) was released on August 31, 2019. It solves the following issues:
- Domain connected devices that use MIT Kerberos realms will not start up
- Issues updating when certain versions of Intel storage drivers are installed
- Apps using Visual Basic 6 (VB6), VBA, and VBScript may stop responding with error
- Initiating a Remote Desktop connection may result in black screen
- Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”
- Devices starting using PXE from a WDS or SCCM servers may fail to start
In addition to this list, the issue with the Intel RST Driver was resolved and the safeguard hold has been removed.
It can take up to 48 hours before you can update to offered Windows 10, version 1903.
While KB4512941 improves the upgrade compatibility with Windows 10 Version 1903, it is known for having its own issues. The notable issues are High CPU Usage by Search/Cortana and the orange screenshot bug.
As you may remember, Microsoft has postponed public rollout of Windows 10 version 1903 '19H1' on April 4, 2019. By shifting the release from April to May, the company has allotted more time for testing. Also, there was a number of conditions Microsoft has defined to prevent certain PCs from upgrade to the latest feature update. The list of resolved issues in Windows 10 version 1903 can be found HERE.
You might be interested in reading the following articles:
- Delay Windows 10 Version 1903 May 2019 Update Installation
- Check If You Have Windows 10 Version 1903 Installed
- Generic Keys To Install Windows 10 Version 1903
- Reduce Reserved Storage Size in Windows 10
- Download New Light Windows 10 Wallpaper
- Enable New Light Theme in Windows 10
- How To Uninstall Windows 10 Version 1903 May 2019 Update
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!