Microsoft has announced the launch of Microsoft Teams Essentials, which is specifically designed for small and medium businesses. This product expands slightly on the free version of Microsoft Teams for enterprises, which is useful if your organization doesn't need the functionality of a Microsoft 365 subscription.
The new version of Teams includes all the functionality you need to interact within your organization. Specifically, Teams Essentials lets you host meetings up to 30 hours long with up to 300 people participating at the same time. Plus, every Teams Essential user gets 10 GB of cloud storage for documents and files.
The price is $4 per person, per month. Microsoft claims this is the lowest price on the market for any comparable communications solution.
Microsoft Teams Essentials features
- Meetings for any group up to 30 hours.
- The maximum number of meeting participants is up to 300 people.
10 GB of cloud storage per user.
- Simple and convenient sending of invitations, which requires only an email address. If the user doesn't have Teams, they don't need to register, sign in, and install the app to participate in the meeting.
- In addition to Outlook Calendar, Google Calendar is integrated into this version. This is now easier to schedule meetings in Microsoft Teams.
- Professional meeting tools and features: waiting room, virtual backgrounds, together mode, automatic closed captioning and live reactions.
- The history of chats allows you not to lose the context of the conversation and continue it at any time.
- A new group chat template for small businesses helps create a single teamwork hub where you can quickly launch group projects and hold meetings with their members, assign tasks to colleagues, and get feedback through surveys. It is coming soon to desktop and web.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!