Microsoft today released a new Dev builds of Microsoft Edge. it is based on Chromium 94, and adds the ability to adjust the text width in Immersive Reader, the feature that landed in the Canary channel just a few days ago. There are a few more new features, and a bunch of fixes included in Edge Dev 94.0.982.2.
What's new in Edge Dev 94.0.982.2
- Added an option in Immersive Reader to make the columns of text wider.
- Added a Settings page for Accessibility settings.
- Added support for viewing favorites in Application Guard windows when Application Guard is in Standalone Mode.
- Added a management policy to control if Only On Premises Implicit Signin is Enabled, which controls if only on-premises accounts are allowed to use implicit sign-in.
- Added an entry to the Share popup on the context menu.
- Enabled SSO on Linux.
- Re-enabled tab sharing capabilities in WebView2 apps.
- Fixed a crash when using Collections.
- Fixed an issue where adding all tabs to a Collection sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when selecting tabs using the Touchbar.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser when a popup is open.
- Fixed an issue where PWAs or websites installed as apps sometimes close spontaneously.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a Collection sometimes causes the Collections pane to go blank.
There's also a huge list of other general fixes and improvements, and known issues. You'll find them in the official announcement.
It is worth mentioning that Edge 94 will soon quit the Dev channel. The next week build will be the last one based on Chromium 94, following the 4 week release cycle.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!