Microsoft has released Microsoft Edge 102.0.1245.3 to Insiders running the Dev channel browser. Some of its new features may be useful to enterprise users. For example the ability to maintain a custom IE mode list in Settings. On the consumer side, users can now add a saved password manually right in the appropriate section of the Settings tab.
What's new in Microsoft Edge Dev 102.0.1245.3
- Added support for a custom IE mode list in Settings.
- Added the ability to add a password directly in Settings.
- Enabled support for XCloud Clarity Boost by default.
- Enabled support for a management policy from Chromium to control if the User Agent Client Hints GREASE Update is Enabled, which controls if the updated GREASE specification is used (which could lead to broken websites) or an older version. Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not be available yet.
- Developer (note that updates to documentation and SDKs may not be available yet, and all of the below APIs were previously in the “Experimental” status):
- Added an API to WebView2 to Clear Browsing Data.
- Added an API to WebView2 apps to handle Server Certificate Errors.
- Added an API to WebView2 to monitor HTTP navigation Status Codes.
- Fixed a crash when closing a tab.
- Fixed a crash when sending feedback.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when syncing.
- Fixed a crash when viewing certain Settings pages.
- Fixed an issue where a Sidebar button on the toolbar couldn’t be disabled.
- Fixed an issue where search engines disappear from Settings.
- Fixed an issue where exported enterprise site lists don’t contain a version number.
- Fixed an issue where the browser sometimes can’t be closed while downloading something.
- Fixed an issue where the Downloads popup sometimes appears in the wrong window when multiple windows are open.
- Fixed an issue where Enhanced Security mode settings sometimes aren’t visible.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the Performance Hub is missing some information.
- Fixed an issue where searching using Alt+Enter on Windows results in the address bar showing the wrong text on other tabs.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on notifications in the Windows Action Center sometimes fails.
- Fixed an issue where Print Preview is blank.
- Fixed an issue where printing a PDF sometimes doesn’t work correctly.
- Fixed an issue where text on Extension badges is red.
There are more fixes, and also a list of known issues. Learn about them in the official announcement.
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically as soon as possible. But you can speed up the process. For that, open the browser, press alt + f and select "Settings" from the menu. Now open the "About Microsoft Edge" page, after which the browser will install the latest update.
Alternatively, you can download Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!