Microsoft has released the Edge browser version 87 to the stable branch of the app. It is a major release that includes plenty of new features that were early available to Insiders only.
First of all, Edge includes a number of improvements to make your Holiday shopping easier and comfortable. Edge will suggest you coupons and deals that will allow you saving a lot of money.
The change log includes the following highlights.
What's new in Microsoft Edge 87 Stable
- Automatic redirection for incompatible sites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge. Starting with the Microsoft Edge 87 Stable update, public websites that show an incompatibility message on Internet Explorer will be automatically redirected to Microsoft Edge. To learn more and to configure this experience, see Redirecting incompatible sites.
- Kiosk mode privacy features enabled. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 87, kiosk mode features that will help enterprises around the privacy of user data will be enabled. These features will enable experiences such as clear the user data on exit, delete downloaded files and to reset the configured start experience after a specified amount of idle time. Learn more about how to Configure Microsoft Edge kiosk mode
- Shopping features enabled by default. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 87 enterprise users can also benefit from shopping in Edge. With Shopping features, Microsoft Edge helps users to find coupons and better prices while shopping online. Coupon experience is available with this update and price comparison will be released in upcoming updates for Microsoft Edge 87. This feature can be configured through EdgeShoppingAssistantEnabled policy. See our Blog and Learn More about Microsoft Shopping.
- ClickOnce deployment enabled by default. ClickOnce is enabled by default in Microsoft Edge 87, which reduces the barriers for enterprises to deploy software and better align with Microsoft Edge Legacy browser behavior. Starting in Microsoft Edge 87, the ClickOnceEnabled policy's "Not configured" state will reflect the new default ClickOnce state of Enabled (as compared to the previous default state of Disabled).
- The enterprise new tab page (NTP) integrates productivity with customizable, work-relevant feed content. The enterprise NTP blends the Office 365 productivity page we offer to users signed in with their work or school account with personalized, work-relevant company and industry feeds that are organized in a single page. Users will be able to recognize the familiar Office 365 content and Microsoft Search for Business powered by Bing. In addition, they can easily customize "My Feed" by choosing the most relevant content to them from the available content and modules for their organization. IT Administrators can control the News feed settings for their organization, including the selected industry for the Edge new tab page by going to Microsoft 365 admin center. Learn more
- Privacy and Security:
- Support TLS Token Binding for policy-configured sites. TLS Token binding helps prevent token theft attacks to ensure that cookies can't be reused from a device other than the device upon which they were initially set. The use of TLS token binding requires setting the AllowTokenBindingForUrls policy and requires that the sites listed support this feature.
- Keyboard support for highlighter on PDF files. Users can use their keyboard keys to highlight any text on a PDF.
- Choose which side to flip on when printing on both sides. Users can choose to flip on the long side or the short side of a sheet when printing on both sides.
- Choose print rasterization mode for the enterprise. Control how Microsoft Edge prints to a non-PostScript printer on Windows. Sometimes print jobs on non-PostScript printers need to be rasterized to print correctly. The print options are "Full" and "Fast".
There are also changes related to Group Policies.
- ConfigureFriendlyURLFormat - Configure the default paste format of URLs copied from Microsoft Edge, and determine if additional formats will be available to users.
- EdgeShoppingAssistantEnabled - Shopping in Microsoft Edge enabled.
- HideInternetExplorerRedirectUXForIncompatibleSitesEnabled - Hide the one-time redirection dialog and the banner on Microsoft Edge.
- KioskAddressBarEditingEnabled - Configure address bar editing for kiosk mode public browsing experience.
- KioskDeleteDownloadsOnExit - Delete files downloaded as part of kiosk session when Microsoft Edge closes.
- PasswordRevealEnabled - Enable Password reveal button.
- RedirectSitesFromInternetExplorerPreventBHOInstall - Prevent install of the browser helper object (BHO) to redirect incompatible sites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge.
- RedirectSitesFromInternetExplorerRedirectMode - Redirect incompatible sites from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge.
- SpeechRecognitionEnabled - Configure Speech Recognition.
- WebCaptureEnabled - Enable web capture feature in Microsoft Edge.
NewTabPageSetFeedType - Configure the Microsoft Edge new tab page experience.
EnableDeprecatedWebPlatformFeatures - Re-enable deprecated web platform features for a limited time.
The update will be installed automatically for existing users. You can also download it manually.
Download Microsoft Edge
You can download pre-release Edge version for Insiders from here:
The stable version of the browser is available on the following page:
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!